[v3, 0/7] Add SD UHS-I and eMMC HS200 support for eSDHC
yangbo.lu at nxp.com
Mon Mar 27 00:49:35 PDT 2017
It's complicated to support SD UHS-I and eMMC HS200 for eSDHC because
there're many differences between eSDHC and SD/eMMC spec. Several
differences as below must be considered:
1. Peripheral clock must be used instead of platform clock.
- eSDHC could select peripheral clock or platform clock as its clock
source. According to RM, UHS-I/HS200 must use peripheral clock since
it supports higher frequency than platform clock.
- Patch 1 and patch 6 is to support this.
2. Signal voltage switching requires a control circuit out of eSDHC.
- eSDHC supports signal voltage switch from 3.3v to 1.8v by
eSDHC_PROCTL[VOLT_SEL] bit. This bit changes the value of output
signal SDHC_VS, and there must be a control circuit out of eSDHC
to change the signal voltage according to SDHC_VS output signal.
- Patch 2 is to support this.
3. eSDHC uses tuning block for tuning procedure.
- Tuning clock control register must be configured before tuning.
- Patch 3 is to support this.
4. Delay is needed between tuning cycles for HS200 tuning.
- Once a patch removed mdelay between tuning cycles.
But eSDHC needs it.
- Patch 4 and patch 5 is to support this.
5. UHS-I/HS200 modes could be enabled in dts node.
- Patch 7 is to support this.
Please review and merge these patches on mmc git tree if no changes
Adrian Hunter (1):
mmc: sdhci: Control the delay between tuning commands
Yangbo Lu (6):
mmc: sdhci-of-esdhc: add peripheral clock support
mmc: sdhci-of-esdhc: add support for signal voltage switch
mmc: sdhci-of-esdhc: add tuning support
mmc: sdhci-of-esdhc: add delay between tuning cycles
arm64: dts: ls1046a: add clocks property and compatible for eSDHC node
arm64: dts: ls1046ardb: add MMC HS200/UHS-1 modes support
arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/fsl-ls1046a-rdb.dts | 8 ++
arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/fsl-ls1046a.dtsi | 3 +-
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-esdhc.h | 7 +
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci-of-esdhc.c | 165 +++++++++++++++++++++-
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci.c | 11 +-
drivers/mmc/host/sdhci.h | 2 +
6 files changed, 190 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)
More information about the linux-arm-kernel