[RFC 5/8] regulator: anatop: fix min dropout for bypass mode

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Fri Mar 24 05:54:38 PDT 2017

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 06:53:07PM +0200, Leonard Crestez wrote:

> +	if (anatop_reg->bypass)
> +		anatop_reg->rdesc.min_dropout_uV = 0;
> +	else
> +		anatop_reg->rdesc.min_dropout_uV = LDO_MIN_DROPOUT_UV;

No, this is completely broken - you can't expect to randomly change hthe
regulator description at runtime behind the back of the framework and
expect things to work.  If there is a need to do this we need an
interface for getting the current value and a way to notify of changes.

That said I would not expect the dropout voltage to be considered at
all when the regulator is bypassed, since the regulator is not
regulating it doesn't need any headroom.