outreachy

Julia Lawall julia.lawall at lip6.fr
Fri Mar 17 09:55:42 PDT 2017

On Fri, 17 Mar 2017, Pavel Machek wrote:

> Hi!
>

> > Hah!  That's the joy of being a maintainer of a driver in staging.  Even
> > if you filter out outreachy, you are going to get a lot of "basic
> > mistakes" and other type patches cc:ed to you.
> >
> > I strongly suggest, that if you all don't like this type of stuff,
> > either:
> > 	- work to get the code out of staging as soon as possible (i.e.
> > 	  send me coding style fixes for everything right now, and then
> > 	  fix up the rest of the stuff.)
> > 	- take yourself off the maintainer list for this code.
> >
> > It's your choice, outreachy right now is a lot of patches, but again,
> > it's not going to keep you from getting the "basic" stuff sent to you
> > in ways that is totally wrong.
>
> Could we get these trivial patches off the lkml? Yes, lkml already has
> a lot of traffic, but no, this is not useful :-(.

The outreachy instructions say to use the -nol argument to
get_maintainers, which would prevent them from being sent to any mailing
list.  However others thought that all patches should be sent to mailing
lists, and so I haven't enforced anything for people who have omitted
-nol.  However I have tried to remove bcm maintainers from CC lists on
replies and reminded people not to send you patches,

julia