[PATCH v4 13/23] dt-bindings: PCI: dra7xx: Add dt bindings for pci dra7xx EP mode
Kishon Vijay Abraham I
kishon at ti.com
Mon Mar 13 07:22:49 PDT 2017
Add device tree binding documentation for pci dra7xx EP mode.
Acked-by: Rob Herring <robh at kernel.org>
Signed-off-by: Kishon Vijay Abraham I <kishon at ti.com>
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pci/ti-pci.txt | 37 +++++++++++++++++++-----
1 file changed, 30 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)
diff --git a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pci/ti-pci.txt b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pci/ti-pci.txt
index 60e25161f351..190828a5f32a 100644
@@ -1,17 +1,22 @@
TI PCI Controllers
PCIe Designware Controller
- - compatible: Should be "ti,dra7-pcie""
- - reg : Two register ranges as listed in the reg-names property
- - reg-names : The first entry must be "ti-conf" for the TI specific registers
- The second entry must be "rc-dbics" for the designware pcie
- The third entry must be "config" for the PCIe configuration space
+ - compatible: Should be "ti,dra7-pcie" for RC
+ Should be "ti,dra7-pcie-ep" for EP
- phys : list of PHY specifiers (used by generic PHY framework)
- phy-names : must be "pcie-phy0", "pcie-phy1", "pcie-phyN".. based on the
number of PHYs as specified in *phys* property.
- ti,hwmods : Name of the hwmod associated to the pcie, "pcie<X>",
where <X> is the instance number of the pcie from the HW spec.
+ - num-lanes as specified in ../designware-pcie.txt
+ - reg : Two register ranges as listed in the reg-names property
+ - reg-names : The first entry must be "ti-conf" for the TI specific registers
+ The second entry must be "rc-dbics" for the designware pcie
+ The third entry must be "config" for the PCIe configuration space
- interrupts : Two interrupt entries must be specified. The first one is for
main interrupt line and the second for MSI interrupt line.
@@ -19,13 +24,31 @@ PCIe Designware Controller
interrupt-map : as specified in ../designware-pcie.txt
+ - reg : Four register ranges as listed in the reg-names property
+ - reg-names : "ti-conf" for the TI specific registers
+ "ep_dbics" for the standard configuration registers as
+ they are locally accessed within the DIF CS space
+ "ep_dbics2" for the standard configuration registers as
+ they are locally accessed within the DIF CS2 space
+ "addr_space" used to map remote RC address space
+ - interrupts : one interrupt entries must be specified for main interrupt.
+ - num-ib-windows : number of inbound address translation windows
+ - num-ob-windows : number of outbound address translation windows
- gpios : Should be added if a gpio line is required to drive PERST# line
+NOTE: Two dt nodes may be added for each PCI controller; one for host
+mode and another for device mode. So in order for PCI to
+work in host mode, EP mode dt node should be disabled and in order to PCI to
+work in EP mode, host mode dt node should be disabled. And host mode and EP
+mode are mutually exclusive.
compatible = "simple-bus";
More information about the linux-arm-kernel