[GIT PULL 2/2] SoCFPGA update for v4.13

Linus Walleij linus.walleij at linaro.org
Sun Jun 25 15:06:06 PDT 2017

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 2:38 PM, Arnd Bergmann <arnd at arndb.de> wrote:

>> Helping out ridding the kernel of users of the old GPIO global
>> numberspace ABI is appreciated though.
>
> I guess there is no easy way to figure out which drivers are needed on
> socfpga and do those first, right?

Nah, we have a few hard cases.

The most annoying one is with regulators, those need to grab the
same GPIO line several times and use in parallel. It is a valid case,
so we need a way to get GPIO descriptors non-execlusively for these
so we can deal with it properly.

Then there is a bunch of cases where it's simpler, those are low-hanging
fruit. Like the conversion of backlight on GPIO I sent recently. They just
need being churned out one by one.

Yours,
Linus Walleij