next-20170621 build: 1 failures 7 warnings (next-20170621)

Lorenzo Pieralisi lorenzo.pieralisi at arm.com
Fri Jun 23 04:59:35 PDT 2017

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 06:22:13PM +0800, Ryder Lee wrote:
> On Fri, 2017-06-23 at 10:43 +0100, Lorenzo Pieralisi wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 05:13:16PM +0800, Ryder Lee wrote:
> > > Sorry for late reply,
> > >
> > > +Lorenzo

> > > Hi Lorenzo,
> > >
> > > I picked up your changes and had some modifications like what you did
> > > for other platforms:
> > >
> > > 9f8e3a5 PCI: Add devm_pci_alloc_host_bridge() interface
> > > 35a1a84 PCI: Add pci_free_host_bridge() interface
> > > e33aafd PCI: Initialize bridge release function at bridge allocation
> > >
> > > ...and it looks Okay.
> > >
> > > I have also noticed that you continue sending patches for other
> > > platforms but I have not yet had a look in detail. I'm quite busy these
> > > days and don't have time to dig it, hence it is becoming a little
> > > unmanageable for me.
> >
> > If it is unmanageable you don't add yourself as a maintainer of that
> > PCI host bridge driver, you know, we are all busy.
> >
> > Your driver in the PCI tree as it stands contains already two bugs:
> >
> > 1) It leaks memory on the probe failure path
> > 2) pci_fixup_irqs() is broken on configurations with multiple host
> >    bridges
> >
> > And we keep copy'n'pasting that code.
>
> Sure, I have already tested it, and I'll send a patch with your new
> methods :)

Thank you for testing it but please do not send anything before we
decide what to do with my pci_fixup_irqs() removal series.

> > > Did you have a chance to send the same patches for MediaTek?  I
> > > appreciate that and I can help to test it on our platforms.
> >
> > No, how could I have sent them ? It is not upstream and it is a separate
> > branch in the PCI tree. As I mentioned in another thread it is probably
> > best to drop my pci_fixup_irqs() removal patches since it is impossible
> > to work on them without a stable branch to apply them against, in the
> > interim we keep adding PCI host bridges that use the wrong interfaces by
> > copy'n'pasting code that I have been trying to remove.
> >
> > I think the best solution is to repost my series when v4.13-rc1 appears
> > and ask all new crop of host bridge drivers to rebase against it.
> >
> > I won't be able to follow mailing lists till end of next week, which
> > is bad timing.
>
> I meant I'm also not sure how to do it in separate branch. I didn't
> notice what you discussed in another thread. Sorry about that.

No worries, yes we need to understand how to sync the changes, as I
said it is probably better for my series to be dropped, posted at
v4.13-rc1, create a branch out of it and ask all PCI host bridges
to be based against it, it is up to Bjorn to decide what's the least
complicated way for him to sync all these changes.

Lorenzo