Need help booting allmodconfig on arm64

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at armlinux.org.uk
Fri Jun 2 16:10:06 PDT 2017

On Fri, Jun 02, 2017 at 06:01:55PM -0500, Timur Tabi wrote:
> On 06/02/2017 03:01 PM, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> >ATA devices appear via the SCSI layer, which means you need the SCSI disk
> >driver, CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SD, for ATA disks to be visible as block devices.
>
> Great, that fixed that problem.
>
> I also had to set CONFIG_UNIX=y and CONFIG_AUTOFS4_FS=y so that udev would
> start, but it's still not quite 100% there.  lsmod still shows no drivers
> being loaded.  All of the modules were copied on the initramfs, why aren't
> they being loaded?
>
> A couple boot log messages stand out:
>
> [ TIME ] Timed out waiting for device
> dev-disk-by\x2duuid-AB6C\x2d1CCA.device.
> [DEPEND] Dependency failed for /boot/efi.
> [DEPEND] Dependency failed for Local File Systems.

Sounds like systemd?  Systemd has a list of requirements that it makes
of the kernel, I guess you're missing some of those requirements.
Check the systemd docs (/usr/share/doc/systemd/README ?) under
"REQUIREMENTS".

--
RMK's Patch system: http://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
according to speedtest.net.