Need help booting allmodconfig on arm64

Timur Tabi timur at codeaurora.org
Fri Jun 2 06:50:08 PDT 2017

On 6/2/17 3:36 AM, Mark Rutland wrote:
> CONFIG_SATA_AHCI=m
> CONFIG_SATA_AHCI_PLATFORM=m

Ah, I had to set CONFIG_ATA=y for those two lines to take.
Unfortunately, even with this fix, there still aren't any /dev/sdX
entries.

I pasted by /dev tree to https://pastebin.com/3najnguB and my dmesg to
https://pastebin.com/EvFEJJth.

You can see the SATA driver loading and probing, isn't that enough to
create the /dev entries?

When my /init script runs, I think it's trying to mount the SATA drive:

Begin: Waiting for root file system ... Begin: Running
/scripts/local-block ... done.
Begin: Running /scripts/local-block ... done.
Begin: Running /scripts/local-block ... done.
Begin: Running /scripts/local-block ... done.
Begin: Running /scripts/local-block ... done.

(this repeats for another minute).

The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the
Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation.