IMX53 on recent 4.4.x kernels

Vellemans, Noel Noel.Vellemans at visionBMS.com
Fri Jul 21 13:31:34 PDT 2017

Hi all,

As soon as I read the hints from Russell,  I was convinced that there COULD be a big performance gain , by disabling debugging features.

I did not find time to check this ( we have national holidays here in our country, and we start our annual holidays)

But you can count on it when I test  (russell's hint's)  I'll report back my findings, but .. i'm almost sure , and  it is at least pointing me into a direction to look at, one that I overlooked..)

I see that Fabio did test, russell's hint's and that he had a huge improvement, fabio's first test results look promising , thats for sure !

Like Russel says, and like we all understand, it's a balance of functions vs performance.

Thanks all for the Hints.. and I'll report back as soon as possible.

Keeping fingers crossed in the meantime.

Regards
Noel