Debugging i.MX6QP HDMI Output on Mainline Kernel

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at armlinux.org.uk
Thu Jul 20 06:50:21 PDT 2017

On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 10:45:46AM -0300, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> Hi Lukas,
>
> On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 11:58 AM, Lukas F. Hartmann <lukas at mntmn.com> wrote:
>
> > When starting a program that uses DRM, e.g. Xorg, the program will pause
> > for 10 second intervals and DRM will log:
>
> Could this be a X11 issue?
>
> You can check Russell's X11 driver that works with Etnaviv:
> http://git.arm.linux.org.uk/cgit/xf86-video-armada.git/

I know Dan MacDonald was reporting the same issue, and he was using my
driver.  We never got to the bottom of Dan's issue though, and I tried
suggesting disabling the other outputs.

Lukas' dt files only have HDMI output, so much like the SR Hummingboard
setup - but that seems to work fine (although I don't have any iMX6QP
devices, only iMX6S, D, Q and possibly a DL.)

--
RMK's Patch system: http://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
according to speedtest.net.