v4.9 to v4.10 regression: oops when USB cable is plugged in.

Pavel Machek pavel at ucw.cz
Fri Jan 27 13:55:12 PST 2017

Hi!

> > > Can I get the copy of the patch?
> > >
> > > http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-usb/msg152542.html
> > >
> > > ...but it is html mangled with no obvious way to unmangle it.
>
> Bounced it to you. FYI, patchwork.kernel.org should have it too, the
> "mbox" option there works the best.

Thanks, applied. Problem did not reappear so far.

> > > I get it "way too often", like once a day. I don't yet know how to hit
> > > it reliably :-(.
>
> OK, well let's hope the patch linked above fixes it. At some point the
> number of musb fixes should just start going down if I'm predicting right :)

Fingers crossed :-).

> Anyways, hitting these issues during late -rc cycle is too late. We
> really should have some n900 usability testing for core features with
> Linux next on at least weekly basis.

Ok, I can try. But so far even -rc1 is a lot of fun. But... I consider
phone calls core feature of a phone. I'd very much like to get that to
work. Unfortunately, that means real-time audio, and a lot of
fun. Plus, as it is touchscreen device, it needs a GUI.

> I've noticed that testing with Linux next is way less effort than chasing
> bugs every -rc cycle when it's too late. For about past four months or so
> next has been usable for me with only occasional minor issues that get
> fixed within a day or two.

Well, I am carrying some patches... but maybe mainline is now good
enough to be useable without them?

No promises. I really should find more time for N900
development. Hmm. Or more developers. Where are all those Eudyptula
Challenge people when you need them?

Best regards,
									Pavel