[PATCH v7 0/3] Altera Cyclone Passive Serial SPI FPGA Manager
stillcompiling at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 16:12:26 PST 2017
This series adds an FPGA manager for Altera cyclone FPGAs
that can program them using an spi port and a couple of gpios, using
Alteras passive serial protocol.
Changes from v6:
- moved bitrev8x4() out (I'll submit it in a separate patch set)
- Changed the dts format to match what is already done in barebox
- Changed error message from "Status pin should be low" to "Status
pin failed to show a reset" for better clarity
- Fixed any whitespace problems that had crept in.
Changes from v5:
- Rebased on next-20161214xi
- Corrected for FPGA Mgr API change in write_init() and write_complete()
- Better describe the device cyclone-ps-spi runs on in the file header.
- Split the bitrev8x4 patch into generic and arch specific patches...
- Added AARCH64 and MIPS implementations of bitrev8x4()... they all have to
have an implementation for it to compile cleanly across platforms
- Added the changes to imx6q-evi.dts to the patch set.
Changes from v4:
- Added the needed return statement to __arch_bitrev8x4()
- Added Rob Herrings ACK for and fix a typo in the commit log of patch 2
Changes from v3:
- Fixed up the state() function to return the state of the status pin
reqested by Alan Tull
- Switched the pin to ACTIVE_LOW and coresponding logic level, and updated
the corresponding documentation. Thanks Rob Herring for pointing out my
- Per Rob Herring, switched from "gpio" to "gpios" in dts
Changes from v2:
- Merged patch 3 and 4 as suggested in review by Moritz Fischer
- Changed FPGA_MIN_DELAY from 250 to 50 ms is the time advertized by
Altera. This now works, as we don't assume it is done
Changes from v1:
- Changed the name from cyclone-spi-fpga-mgr to cyclone-ps-spi-fpga-mgr
This name change was requested by Alan Tull, to be specific about which
programming method is being employed on the fpga.
- Changed the name of the reset-gpio to config-gpio to closer match the
way the pins are described in the Altera manual
- Moved MODULE_LICENCE, _AUTHOR, and _DESCRIPTION to the bottom
- Added a bitrev8x4() function to the bitrev headers and implemented ARM
const, runtime, and ARM specific faster versions (This may end up
needing to be a standalone patch)
- Moved the bitswapping into cyclonespi_write(), as requested.
This falls short of my desired generic lsb first spi support, but is a step
in that direction.
- Fixed whitespace problems introduced during refactoring
- Replaced magic number for initial delay with a descriptive macro
- Poll the fpga to see when it is ready rather than a fixed 1 ms sleep
Joshua Clayton (3):
doc: dt: add cyclone-ps-spi binding document
fpga manager: Add cyclone-ps-spi driver for Altera FPGAs
ARM: dts: imx6q-evi: support cyclone-ps-spi
.../bindings/fpga/altera-passive-serial.txt | 25 +++
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6q-evi.dts | 16 ++
drivers/fpga/Kconfig | 7 +
drivers/fpga/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/fpga/cyclone-ps-spi.c | 185 +++++++++++++++++++++
5 files changed, 234 insertions(+)
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/fpga/altera-passive-serial.txt
create mode 100644 drivers/fpga/cyclone-ps-spi.c
More information about the linux-arm-kernel