[net-next: PATCH 0/8] Armada 7k/8k PP2 ACPI support

Andrew Lunn andrew at lunn.ch
Tue Dec 19 12:46:14 PST 2017

> Of course! v2 will not have such problem, I've been waiting however
> for the feedback about the ACPI representation. Anyway, I'm strongly
> leaning towards using _ADR/_CID objects in PHY's nodes for ACPI, so
> maybe I'll just issue the v2 in order to push the discussion a bit
> forward.

Hi Marcin

I know ~0 about ACPI. But what seems to be missing for me is
documentation. You are defining a ABI here, which all future MDIO
busses, PHYs, and to some extent Ethernet switches need to follow. So
i would expect this to be documented somewhere.

How does documentation work in the ACPI world?

    Andrew