pxa3xx_nand times out in 4.14 with JFFS2

Boris Brezillon boris.brezillon at free-electrons.com
Sun Dec 17 13:26:11 PST 2017

+Miquel

On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 22:16:50 +0100
Willy Tarreau <w at 1wt.eu> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 06:01:29PM -0300, Ezequiel Garcia wrote:

> > > OK so I tried and never faced any error. Thus I also attempted to mark
> > > a bad block in u-boot, it appeared in the bad blocks table, then I had
> > > to scrub the whole table to get rid of it. Each time when I booted I
> > > saw the message "Scanning device for bad blocks" but no error ever
> > > happened. So I hope it's OK.
> > >

> > Nice. Thanks a lot Willy. I think this acks Boris' patch.
>
> You're welcome, you and Boris fixed my problem very quickly allowing me
> to continue to prepare my new router :-)
>
> BTW, Boris please don't forget to mark your fix for -stable.

Actually, if things go well it will only be applied to stable
releases (I really hope we'll be able to switch to Miquel's driver in
4.16). BTW, if you have some time, maybe you can test Miquel's [1]
branch and let us know if it still works properly.

Thanks,

Boris

[1]https://github.com/miquelraynal/linux/tree/marvell/nand-next/nfc