WARNING: suspicious RCU usage

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 05:16:43 PST 2017

Hi Paul,

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 4:38 AM, Paul E. McKenney
<paulmck at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> For your amusement, I have a patch below that takes a paranoid view of
> the possible answers to these questions.  This patch is untested and
> probably does not even build.  Plus its polling loop is quite naive.

I tried to build it, but if fails to link:

  LD      vmlinux.o
  MODPOST vmlinux.o
arch/arm/kernel/smp.o: In function `__cpu_die':
smp.c:(.text+0x44c): undefined reference to `__bad_xchg'
Makefile:1024: recipe for target 'vmlinux' failed
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

Thanks