How to debug "insecure W+X mapping"?

Timur Tabi timur at codeaurora.org
Tue Dec 12 14:57:22 PST 2017

We have a 4.10-based kernel that occasionally displays an insecure W+X
mapping (courtesy of CONFIG_DEBUG_WX):

[    7.151680] arm64/mm: Found insecure W+X mapping at address
0000345a049d2000/0x345a049d2000
[    7.435481] Checked W+X mappings: FAILED, 4 W+X pages found, 0
non-UXN pages found

The number of actual W+X pages varies, e.g. sometimes it says 6 pages.

How do I go about debugging this? How do I identify the source of
0000345a049d2000?

--
Qualcomm Datacenter Technologies, Inc. as an affiliate of Qualcomm
Technologies, Inc.  Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. is a member of the