Regression in next with gpiolib

Timur Tabi timur at codeaurora.org
Wed Aug 30 14:49:43 PDT 2017

On 08/30/2017 04:41 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> It seems to be that we're now calling request and free on all gpios
> before they are properly configured?

Yes, that's what my patch does.  At the time, it seemed like a good idea
-- request the GPIO before touching its hardware.  But it appears that
the 'request' function of some drivers also re-muxes the GPIO in order
to honor the request.

The question is whether that's correct behavior.  I don't know.

--
Qualcomm Datacenter Technologies, Inc. as an affiliate of Qualcomm
Technologies, Inc.  Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. is a member of the