SUN8I_EMAC driver wanted (for Orange Pi)

Alexey Kardashevskiy aik at ozlabs.ru
Mon Aug 14 08:07:29 PDT 2017

On 14/08/17 23:39, Corentin Labbe wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 11:21:05PM +1000, Alexey Kardashevskiy wrote:

>>> Thanks, works nicely!
>>

>> Aaand it stopped with the only message in dmesg (I was trying to enable
>> video on that pi but I removed DRM and everything and still seeing this):
>>

>> 114 [    0.816334] dwmac-sun8i 1c30000.ethernet: MAC IRQ configuration
>> information not found
>>
>> eth0 does not appear in the system, what am I missing now? Thanks!
>>

> Hello
>
> Do you use the maintline dtb or an external one ?
> The error message seems to say that you do not use the right DTB.

Yes, that was it, I was under impression I am not changing it but it was
overwritten by the pizero's one. All good now, thanks for the hint.

By any chance, do you have a webpage link handy about making pi-pc video
work? :) I found quite many howtos, all outdated, copied
script.bin.OPI-PC_1080p60_dvi to /boot/script.bin but I am pretty sure I am
missing the kernel support as there is only "fbcon" in /sys/class/graphics/
CONFIG_DRM_MALI_DISPLAY and CONFIG_HDMI are enabled, what else?

--
Alexey