support autofocus / autogain in libv4l2

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Tue Apr 25 12:51:11 EDT 2017

Le mardi 25 avril 2017 à 10:08 +0200, Pali Rohár a écrit :

> > > Someone once suggested to have something like pulseaudio for V4L.
> > > For such usage, a server would be interesting. Yet, I would code
> > > it
> > > in a way that applications using libv4l will talk with such
> > > daemon
> > > in a transparent way.
> >
> > Yes, we need something like pulseaudio for V4L. And yes, we should
> > make it transparent for applications using libv4l.
>
> IIRC there is already some effort in writing such "video" server
> which
> would support accessing more application into webcam video, like
> pulseaudio server for accessing more applications to microphone
> input.

Because references are nice:

https://blogs.gnome.org/uraeus/2015/06/30/introducing-pulse-video/
https://gstconf.ubicast.tv/videos/camera-sharing-and-sandboxing-with-pinos/

And why the internals are not going to be implemented using GStreamer in the end:
https://gstconf.ubicast.tv/videos/keep-calm-and-refactor-about-the-essence-of-gstreamer/

regards,
Nicolas