Microphone gain on N900

Pavel Machek pavel at ucw.cz
Mon Apr 17 16:34:01 EDT 2017

Hi!

> >> For me these settings provide reasonable playback and capture volumes
> >> using v4.10.1:
> >>
> >> amixer -D hw:0 set PCM 100%
> >> amixer -D hw:0 set 'Line DAC' 80% on
> >> amixer -D hw:0 set 'Line' on
> >> amixer -D hw:0 set 'Left Line Mixer DACL1' on
> >> amixer -D hw:0 set 'Right Line Mixer DACR1' on
> >> amixer -D hw:0 set 'Jack Function' 'Headphone'
> >> amixer -D hw:0 set 'TPA6130A2 Headphone' 80%
> >>
> >> amixer -D hw:0 set 'Jack Function' 'Headset'
> >> amixer -D hw:0 set 'AGC' off
> >> amixer -D hw:0 set 'Input Select' 'ADC'
> >> amixer -D hw:0 set 'Left PGA Mixer Line1L' on
> >> amixer -D hw:0 set 'Left Line1L Mux' 'differential'
> >> amixer -D hw:0 set 'Right PGA Mixer Line1L' on
> >> amixer -D hw:0 set 'Right Line1L Mux' 'differential'
> >> amixer -D hw:0 set 'ADC HPF Cut-off' '0.0045xFs' 'disabled'
> >> amixer -D hw:0 set PGA 50% on
> >> amixer -D hw:0 cset iface=MIXER,name='PGA Capture Switch',index=0 on
> >
> > This seems to correspond to volumes I have had before. They are enough
> > for phone call in quiet environment, but not really for normal usage.
> >
> > Do you have settings where microphone on wired headset works?
> >
> Those settings above. They are set after putting all volumes to 0 and
> muted. I'm using the Nokia WH-205 headset that came with the phone.

I just wanted to say thank you. I finally got to testing those
settings again, and this time headset microphone definitely works.

Loopback using arecord | aplay now produces reasonable volume of
audio. (Unfortunately, I still have some problems somewhere in the
audio<->GSM path :-( ).

Best regards,
								Pavel