[RFC 4/8] regulator: core: Check enabling bypass respects constraints

Leonard Crestez leonard.crestez at nxp.com
Thu Apr 13 16:46:15 EDT 2017

On Fri, 2017-04-07 at 12:22 +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 07, 2017 at 01:51:52PM +0300, Leonard Crestez wrote:

> > It currently seems to work how I expect but from your statement it's
> > not clear if it's entirely intentional.

> The current behaviour of bypassed regulators is intentional.

I did not mean to imply that there is something wrong with bypassed
regulators. I just wanted more information about how regulators (non-
bypassed) pick their voltage when consumers allow a range.

After some more reading through the code it seems that the driver
itself receives the range (either through set_voltage or map_voltage)
and gets to make the choice.

So it seems fine for my concerns, sorry to bother you.

--
Regards,
Leonard