at91: serial: Can't use DMA on 4.x kernels in RS-485 mode on at91sam9x5

Bryan Evenson bevenson at melinkcorp.com
Tue Apr 11 13:13:19 PDT 2017

Alexandre,

No, I did not have that commit in my tree.  I cherry-picked from the linux-stable repository, tested and verified it fixed my DMA issues.

I checked the various branches on the linux-stable repository, and I see this commit in master and on 4.9, but I don't see it in any branches prior to that one.  Since this issue was introduced back in 4.1, I think this patch would be suitable for backporting to the 4.1 and 4.4 stable branches.  Is there something I can do to help make that happen?

Thanks,
Bryan