[PATCH V11 00/11] IOMMU probe deferral support
sricharan at codeaurora.org
Mon Apr 10 07:20:55 EDT 2017
This series calls the dma ops configuration for the devices
at a generic place so that it works for all busses.
The dma_configure_ops for a device is now called during
the device_attach callback just before the probe of the
bus/driver is called. Similarly dma_deconfigure is called during
Similarly on the device/driver_unregister path __device_release_driver is
called which inturn calls dma_deconfigure.
Rebased the series against mainline 4.11-rc5. Applies and builds cleanly
against iommu-next and with 3-way merge applies on top of linux-next
as well (patch #8), because of "ACPI platform MSI support" from
Hanjun being merged.
* Tested with platform and pci devices for probe deferral
and reprobe on arm64 based platform.
Previous post of this series .
Please note that, i have kept the tested/acked tags intact from V8
because V9/10/11 were for more fixes that was added, so the original
tags that was given for the functional testing remains the same.
* No functional changes.
* Rebased on top of 4.11-rc6.
* Dropped patch#3 from V10, as a result have to make
a change in patch#7 to return a 'non-void' to fix a
* Added Robin's and Rob's tags.
* Rebased on top of 4.11-rc5.
* Fixed coherent_dma_mask 64bit overflow issue 
for OF. The fix for OF was added as a separate
patch#6, since the issue is true even without probe deferral,
but gets reproduced with the probe deferral series.
Added Lorenzo's ACPI fix for coherent_dma_mask overflow
and the fix for dma_configure getting called more than
once for the same device.
* Also fixed an build issue caught by kbuild robot for
m68k arch. The issue was dma_(de)configure was not
getting defined for !CONFIG_HAS_DMA, so fixed that as well.
* Rebased on top of 4.11-rc1.
* Merged Robin's fixes for legacy binding issue,
pci devices with no iommu-map property and deferencing
of_iommu_table after init.
* Picked up all the acks and tested tags from Marek and
Hanjun for DT and ACPI patches respectively, since
no functional changes was done.
* Addressed Minor comments Sinan and Bjorn.
* Added Robin's fix for fixing the deferencing NULL for
of_iommu_table after init in patch #2.
* Rebased it on top of linux-next
* Updated the subject and commit log for patch #6 as per
comments from Lorenzo. No functional changes.
* Fixed a bug in dma_configure function pointed out by
* Reordered the patches as per comments from Robin and
* Added Tags.
* Reworked the pci configuration code hanging outside and
pushed it to dma_configure as in PATCH#5,6,7.
Also added a couple of patches that Lorenzo provided for
correcting the Probe deferring mechanism in case of
ACPI devices from here .
* Took the reworked patches  from Robin's branch and
rebased on top of Lorenzo's ACPI IORT ARM support series .
* Added the patches for moving the dma ops configuration of
acpi based devices to probe time as well.
* Removed the patch to split dma_masks/dma_ops configuration
separately based on review comments that both masks and ops are
required only during the device probe time.
* Reworked the series based on Generic DT bindings series.
* Added call to iommu's remove_device in the cleanup path for arm and
* Removed the notifier trick in arm64 to handle early device
* Added reset of dma_ops in cleanup path for arm based on comments.
* Fixed the pci_iommu_configure path and tested with PCI device as
* Fixed a bug to return the correct iommu_ops from patch 7  in
* Fixed few other cosmetic comments.
* Updated the Initial post to call dma_configure/deconfigure from
* Added iommu add_device callback from of_iommu_configure path
* Initial post from Laurent Pinchart 
 git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lpieralisi/linux.git iommu/probe-deferral
Laurent Pinchart (2):
of: dma: Make of_dma_deconfigure() public
iommu: of: Handle IOMMU lookup failure with deferred probing or error
Lorenzo Pieralisi (2):
ACPI/IORT: Add function to check SMMUs drivers presence
ACPI/IORT: Remove linker section for IORT entries probing
Robin Murphy (3):
iommu/of: Refactor of_iommu_configure() for error handling
iommu/of: Prepare for deferred IOMMU configuration
iommu/arm-smmu: Clean up early-probing workarounds
Sricharan R (4):
of: device: Fix overflow of coherent_dma_mask
of/acpi: Configure dma operations at probe time for platform/amba/pci
drivers: acpi: Handle IOMMU lookup failure with deferred probing or
arm64: dma-mapping: Remove the notifier trick to handle early setting
arch/arm64/mm/dma-mapping.c | 142 +++++---------------------------------
drivers/acpi/arm64/iort.c | 48 ++++++++++++-
drivers/acpi/glue.c | 5 --
drivers/acpi/scan.c | 11 ++-
drivers/base/dd.c | 9 +++
drivers/base/dma-mapping.c | 41 +++++++++++
drivers/iommu/arm-smmu-v3.c | 46 +-----------
drivers/iommu/arm-smmu.c | 110 +++++++++++++----------------
drivers/iommu/of_iommu.c | 126 ++++++++++++++++++++++++---------
drivers/of/device.c | 23 +++++-
drivers/of/platform.c | 10 +--
drivers/pci/probe.c | 28 --------
include/acpi/acpi_bus.h | 2 +-
include/asm-generic/vmlinux.lds.h | 1 -
include/linux/acpi.h | 7 +-
include/linux/acpi_iort.h | 3 -
include/linux/dma-mapping.h | 12 ++++
include/linux/of_device.h | 10 ++-
18 files changed, 312 insertions(+), 322 deletions(-)
QUALCOMM INDIA, on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation
More information about the linux-arm-kernel