[RFC] [media] imx: assume MEDIA_ENT_F_ATV_DECODER entities output video on pad 1

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Wed Apr 5 08:39:06 PDT 2017

> Currently, the driver doesn't support (2), because, at the time
> I wrote the driver, I didn't find a way to read the interrupts generated
> by tvp5150 at em28xx[1], due to the lack of em28xx documentation,
> but adding support for it shoudn't be hard. I may eventually do it
> when I have some time to play with my ISEE hardware.

For what it's worth, I doubt most of the em28xx designs have the
tvp5150 interrupt request line connected in any way.  You would likely
have to poll the FIFO status register via I2C, or use the feature to
embed the sliced data into as VANC data in the 656 output (as
described in sec 3.9 of the tvp5150am1 spec).

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com