Updating sunxi tree in linux-next

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Sun Apr 2 16:56:12 PDT 2017

Hi Maxime,

On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 09:57:29 +0200 Maxime Ripard <maxime.ripard at free-electrons.com> wrote:

> We've switched from my personal git tree for the Allwinner sunxi
> development to a shared tree:
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sunxi/linux.git
>
> The branch to be included in linux-next will still be called
> sunxi/for-next as it used to be, and it will still go through the
> arm-soc tree to reach Linux.
>
> However, I'll still have the patches for our DRM drivers on my
> personal git repo:
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mripard/linux.git
>
> Could you add the branch sunxi-drm/for-next to the list of branches
> you merge?

OK, just so we are on the same page:

Currently I have:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mripard/linux.git branch sunxi/for-next

merged after the drm tree.

You want:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/sunxi/linux.git branch sunxi/for-next

merged after the arm-soc tree and

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mripard/linux.git branch sunxi-drm/for-next

merged after the drm tree?

(I merge trees *after* the tree that is their upstream.)

Do you want to be the only contact for both trees?
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell