proper power off implementation for iMX6 with external pmic

Guy Shapiro guy.shapiro at mobi-wize.com
Sun Apr 2 00:15:42 PDT 2017

On 30/03/2017 14:02, Oleksij Rempel wrote:

> Hallo all,
>
> i'm looking for proper way to implement pm_power_off for IMX6 with external PMIC.
>
> http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/reference-manuals/IMX6DQRM.pdf
> page 5083
>
> According to this documentation, there are two ways to power off, depending on board configuration. With internal and external PMIC.
>
> Internal variant is implemented in:
> drivers/power/reset/imx-snvs-poweroff.c

Currently all the mainline DT definitions use the syscon-poweroff driver
and not imx-snvs-poweroff.  The syscon-poweroff binding includes the
bits to set on the "snvs_lp control register". One of those bits is
"Dumb PMIC Enable" (DP_EN) that looks related to the external PMIC mode.

I never tried to use the external PMIC mode myself. If I had to, I would
start by clearing this bit.

Guy.