ARM juno R2 board USB Issue (EHCI probe failed)

Sudeep Holla sudeep.holla at arm.com
Tue Sep 27 10:01:13 PDT 2016

On 27/09/16 17:23, Robin Murphy wrote:
> On 27/09/16 17:13, Hanjun Guo wrote:
>> On 09/27/2016 05:07 PM, Sudeep Holla wrote:

[...]

>>> I bet that's 8-12 months old. It puts the banner during boot with the
>>> build date. You can try to follow [1] or access it from [2]
>>
>> Agree.
>>
>> D03 is using the same IP (EHCI) and the USB works fine with _CCA
>> in the device node.
>
> _CCA is mandatory on arm64 (see CONFIG_ACPI_CCA_REQUIRED). Any devices
> without it are going to end up with the dummy DMA ops which
> intentionally fail if a driver tries to use them - i.e. the error seen
> above is by design.

Yes that was the first thing I thought and gave it try with _CCA removed
in ACPI DSDT on my Juno R2. It so happens that we did ship it some
*custom* UEFI until Linaro 16.02 in which upstream EDK2 was merged :(

Since Vikas was trying boot out of USB, I didn't suggest him to take a
acpidump on Juno and confirm this by looking at the DSDT. Also I could
find a commit from Leif that adds _CCA to USB in OpenPlatformPkg to
confirm this.

--
Regards,
Sudeep