[GIT PULL] ARM: mvebu: soc for v4.9 (#1)

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Wed Sep 21 01:10:58 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:43:34 PM CEST Gregory CLEMENT wrote:

> Do you mean board-wnr854t.c?

Yes.

> If it is the case then I can just drop the patch adding this file because
> the only things done in this file are about the PCI.

Ah, that's perfect. Just for more background, I think it shouldn't be too
hard to convert the existing orion5x PCI support into a proper host driver,
and I can assist anyone willing to work on this and test it.

I think the steps here would roughly be:

- change PCI (not PCIe) host initialization to call
  pci_scan_root_bus() directly, bypassing the pci_common_init
  logic
- move PCI code into a separate file
- change PCI code into a driver by adding platform_device based
  probing
- add DT support for that driver.

For the PCIe code, the obvious strategy is to replace it with
the existing pcie-mvebu driver, adding any missing parts
in the process.

	Arnd