Regmap regression in next caused by of_iomap change

Tony Lindgren tony at atomide.com
Thu Sep 8 11:41:12 PDT 2016

Hi,

Looks like commit 39de2c4275a9 ("mfd: syscon: Make use of of_iomap")
makes at least MMC PBIAS regulator stop working on omap3.

That's probably because of_syscon_register uses the now unintialized
struct resource res to set syscon_config.max_register.

I have a strange deja vu feeling that we've been through this
before :) See commit ca668f0edfae ("mfd: syscon: Set regmap max_register
in of_syscon_register")

Maybe we should add comments there instead?

Regards,

Tony