[BUG] LPC32xx gpio driver broken by commit 762c2e46 in 4.9-rc1

Linus Walleij linus.walleij at linaro.org
Sun Oct 23 17:46:05 PDT 2016

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 6:23 PM, Sylvain Lemieux
<slemieux.tyco at gmail.com> wrote:

> the current LPC32xx GPIO driver is broken by commit 762c2e46
> (gpio: of: remove of_gpiochip_and_xlate() and struct gg_data).
>
> A call to "of_get_named_gpio" to retrieve the GPIO will
> always return -EINVAL, except for the first GPIO bank.
>
> Prior to this commit, the driver was working properly
> because of the side-effect of the match function called by
> "gpiochip_find" inside "of_get_named_gpiod_flags" function.
(...)
> Is there any short-term solution that can be done with
> the existing driver to keep the LPC32xx platform working
> properly in the 4.9 mainline kernel?

Masahiro, what do you think is the best course to proceed here?
Can we
- Restore the behaviour prior to the patches or
- Fix up all users or
- Do we have to revert these two patches?

I would prefer not to revert, because I liked the cleanup a lot ...

Yours,
Linus Walleij