Regression: usb serial gadget on sama5d3 broken

Peter Rosin peda at axentia.se
Mon Oct 17 05:53:05 PDT 2016

Hi!

I'm suffering from a regression while using the usb gadget port on the
sama5d3 to get terminal access to the device in question (CONFIG_USB_G_SERIAL).

I get this message when I try to connect:
udc: ep: Invalid setup request: 02.01 v0000 i0081 l0, halting endpoint...

A bisect blames commit v4.7-rc1-21-gc32b5bcfa3c4 "ARM: dts: at91: Fix
USB endpoint nodes".

And indeed, reverting that commit on top of v4.9-rc1 fixes things,
although that doesn't look like the best of fixes...

BTW, the bisect was extremely painful since v4.7-rc1 seemed broken
somewhere in the overlayfs area. I hope I will never ever need to bisect
in the v4.6..v4.7 area again. This was the second time, the first time
I was chasing a gpio interrupt bug, but I never found out what was wrong
and stopped looking when v4.9-rc1 turned out to be ok even though v4.8
was bad, it was just too painful to look for things that already seemed
fixed.

Cheers,
Peter