RPI3 doesn't boot in ARM64 mode on linux-next

Michael Zoran mzoran at crowfest.net
Thu Nov 24 18:31:38 PST 2016

Last night I did a build of linux-next and I'm finding that I can no
longer get my RPI 3 to boot in arm64 mode anymore.  It seems to be
hanging very early in the boot process.

I know linux-next is going through a very large number of changes now,
so does anybody know if arm64(not just the RPI 3) is just broken in
general at this point? 4.9rc6 is working fine.

I don't have a JTAG debugger, so it's a bit hard for me to debug.  I've
actually been looking for a decent cheap JTAG debugger for awhile now,
so if anybody knows of one in the < $300.00 range it might be a good
self Christmas present.