reboot fails on at91sam9g20 with kernel 4.x

Alexandre Belloni alexandre.belloni at free-electrons.com
Wed Nov 23 14:11:21 PST 2016

Hi,

On 23/11/2016 at 17:13:05 +0100, Alexander Dahl wrote :
> The last message obviously comes from arch/arm/kernel/reboot.c and
> something fails. ;-)
>
> Searching the web I found someone having a similar problem here:
>
> 	https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/acmesystems/vC_66zmcatk
>
> Reboot works with 3.x kernels (if they run at all). I'll try a 4.1
> tomorrow, but I would be happy if someone could assist me in debugging
> this.

Since 3.18, the shdwc and reset controller have their own drivers that
may or may not be compiled in the kernel. Can you check you have
CONFIG_POWER_RESET_AT91_POWEROFF and CONFIG_POWER_RESET_AT91_RESET set
in your configuration? Also, you probably want to check the DT definition
of the shdwc and the rstc.

Regards,

--
Alexandre Belloni, Free Electrons