linux-next: manual merge of the clk tree with the arm-soc tree

Geert Uytterhoeven geert at linux-m68k.org
Tue Nov 22 01:36:46 PST 2016

Hi Stephen,

On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 9:41 AM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr at canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
> Today's linux-next merge of the clk tree got conflicts in:
>
>   arch/arm/boot/dts/r8a7779.dtsi
>   arch/arm/boot/dts/r8a7790.dtsi
>   arch/arm/boot/dts/r8a7791.dtsi
>   arch/arm/boot/dts/r8a7792.dtsi
>   arch/arm/boot/dts/r8a7793.dtsi
>   arch/arm/boot/dts/r8a7794.dtsi
>   arch/arm/mach-shmobile/setup-rcar-gen2.c
>   arch/arm64/boot/dts/renesas/r8a7795.dtsi
>   arch/arm64/boot/dts/renesas/r8a7796.dtsi
>   drivers/soc/renesas/Makefile
>
> between various commits from the arm-soc tree and commits from the
> clk tree.
>
> It was just too much at this time of day, so please talk to each other
> and figure out how to fix these up.  I have used the clk tree from
> next-20161117 for today.

Most of these are of the "add both sides" type.
The only exception is the one in arch/arm/mach-shmobile/setup-rcar-gen2.c,
where you just want to keep the call to of_clk_init(NULL);

There's a resolution in
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/geert/renesas-drivers.git/log/?h=renesas-devel-20161117v2-v4.9-rc5%2brcar-rst

Sorry for the mess.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,