[GIT PULL] Allwinner late DT changes for 4.10

Linus Walleij linus.walleij at linaro.org
Sat Nov 19 07:28:08 PST 2016

On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 1:27 AM, Olof Johansson <olof at lixom.net> wrote:

> Also, this won't work since this branch does not contain the required
> pinctrl changes. If we merge this without basing it on those changes we lose
> bisectability.

I usually operate on the assumption that arch/*/boot/dts/* and drivers/*
do not need to be boot-time bisectable sync:ed, because of the ambition
to maintaining DTS files outside of the kernel in the long run, and at that
point they would be versioned orthogonally anyways.

On the other hand, that does look like a pipe dream, so maybe I should
just stop pretending.

Yours,
Linus Walleij