imx6: PCIe imx6_pcie_assert_core_reset() hangs after watchdog reset

Lucas Stach l.stach at pengutronix.de
Mon Nov 7 02:34:43 PST 2016

Am Sonntag, den 06.11.2016, 14:59 -0200 schrieb Fabio Estevam:
> On Sun, Nov 6, 2016 at 1:31 PM, Philippe De Muyter <phdm at macq.eu> wrote:
>
> > I use either v3.17 or Freescale's 4.1.15_1.2.0_ga
>
> These kernel versions are not supported by the kernel community.
>
> Do you observe issues with 4.8.6 or 4.9-rc4?

The problem is definitely present in current mainline Linux. I intent to
remove this workaround from the kernel, but we need to make sure that
the bootloader properly disables PCIe before jumping to the kernel
image.

I don't know what the status of this is in U-Boot, but Barebox already
does this correctly.

Fabio, would you mind to port this coed to U-Boot, or at least check if
it does the right thing?

Regards,
Lucas