4.5-rc0 regression: GPRS breaks after very short while

Sebastian Reichel sre at kernel.org
Wed May 18 07:16:25 PDT 2016

Hi Pavel,

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 09:49:24AM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> I was afraid another GSM chip desoldered itself in N900, but no, it
> seems to be software this time.
>
> In 4.4, GPRS is rock solid, can survive overnight ping.
>
> In 4.5-rc0 and v4.6, modem fails when I use gprs for like a
> minute. Phone is not usable.

I only send three modem related changes for v4.5:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/sre/linux-hsi.git/commit/?h=hsi-for-4.5&id=525e1abc6b5a7d8bd9006de1da6e99722305ea2b
HSI: omap_ssi: fix handling ida_simple_get result

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/sre/linux-hsi.git/commit/?h=hsi-for-4.5&id=6bf6ded3008a407ccab5ad72eb59ab71b97cc290
HSI: omap_ssi_port: fix handling of_get_named_gpio result

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/sre/linux-hsi.git/commit/?h=hsi-for-4.5&id=403c5c0650816375527a6feecfb255d9b494dda3
HSI: Remove struct hsi_client private fields from kernel-doc

The last one only changes a comment, so not relevant, the other
two fix error handling during initialization and are most likely
also not the problem. Can you try to bisect the problem?

-- Sebastian