Help needed with kexec on arm64

Harninder Rai harninder.rai at nxp.com
Fri May 13 05:45:04 PDT 2016

Hello Takahiro Akashi,

> Apparently lack of memory is a cause of OOM killer, but the core file has
> nothing to do with this issue.
> I think that you don't have enough memory for the system yet.
>
> -Takahiro AKASHI

I moved to SD card based rootfs for booting the crash kernel but when I try to load the dump kernel, I get the following message
Is there limitation with kexec that the crash kernel cannot be booted from anything apart from RAM?

kexec -p ./vmlinux --initrd=./ramdisk_ls1012_openwrt.cpio.gz --append='console=ttyS1,115200 root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 earlycon=uart8250,mmio,0x21c0600ramdisk_size=0x2000000 default_hugepagesz=2m hugepagesz=2m hugepages=256 crashkernel=64M at 2240M memblock=debug'
Memory for crashkernel is not reserved
Please reserve memory by passing"crashkernel=X at Y" parameter to kernel
Then try to loading kdump kernel

Regards
Harry++