[question] pread2, pwrite2 unistd symbols for compat

Christoph Hellwig hch at lst.de
Mon May 2 08:22:48 PDT 2016

On Mon, May 02, 2016 at 05:20:22PM +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> After I got the original patch from Andre and the same one from Christoph,
> I did not consider the possibility that they were both wrong and so I
> applied Andre's version.

It's because adding syscalls is simple a giant pain, full of pitfalls
that are completely non-obvious.  When asked to add syscalls for
architectures I can't personally test I'll have to rely on the test
bot giving me some feedback - and it seems the wrong thing here will
just silently pass without any notice.

The change looks fine to me, but then again I just demonstrated a complete
lack of clue on asm-generic syscalls..