dmaengine pl08x dt crash

Johannes Stezenbach js at sig21.net
Wed Mar 23 09:35:17 PDT 2016

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 05:23:09PM +0100, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 05:12:13PM +0100, Linus Walleij wrote:
> > https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/linusw/linux-nomadik.git/log/?h=pl08x-dma
> >
> > dma: pl08x: support fixed signal assignment

This method of using vendor_data for the fixed_signals flag
doesn't help me much, as my IP is a plain ARM pl081.

I'm also not sure how it would help, since pl08x_of_probe()
is only called for !pl08x->pd (no platform_data) and thus
pl08x_dma_init_virtual_channels() sees 0 channels.
And with platform_data the driver worked fine with fixed channels.

> > dma: pl08x: allocate OF slave channel data at probe time

This looks ore promising, I'm checking it.

> I'll give it a try.  My platform also has fixed channels,
> previously it used platform data but I always thought it is
> ugly, so I tried the new dt support.

Of course I neglected to mention I'm using linux-4.5,
in case you were wondering.

Johannes