ARMv4 (not v4t) marked obsolete in gcc-6

Russell King - ARM Linux linux at arm.linux.org.uk
Thu Mar 10 01:31:40 PST 2016

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 10:13:04AM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> * RiscPC, Footbridge, EBSA110: Classic systems that used to be popular in
>   the past but only remain in small quantities as far as I know. Russell still
>   uses them. He also uses older compilers, so probably isn't affected
>   immediately.

And I'm unlikely to _ever_ move off them, unless there's some miraculous
change which means I end up with server type systems to replace them.
That's been very unlikely for some time, as there's little interest in
hardware people producing such platforms and I'm no longer in a position
where, even if someone did, I'd end up with such hardware.

So I'm pretty much stuck with what I have unless I replace it with x86
systems.

--
RMK's Patch system: http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/
according to speedtest.net.