linux-next: manual merge of the watchdog tree with the arm-soc tree

André Przywara andre.przywara at arm.com
Tue Mar 8 07:52:38 PST 2016

On 07/03/16 11:04, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Wim,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the watchdog tree got a conflict in:
>
>   arch/arm64/boot/dts/arm/foundation-v8.dts
>
> between commit:
>
>   d11a89796678 ("arm64: dts: split Foundation model dts to put the GIC separately")
>
> from the arm-soc tree and commit:
>
>   fe3a97e8ed02 ("ARM64: add SBSA Generic Watchdog device node in foundation-v8.dts")
>
> from the watchdog tree.
>
> I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary (no action
> is required).

But unfortunately this is the wrong solution. The watchdog DT node
belongs into the (newly created) common foundation-v8.dtsi, not into the
GICv2-only .dts.
So whoever now provides the watchdog patch, can it be rebased on top of
the foundation model .dts rework, so that the new node ends up in the
.dtsi file?
If this is too much hassle I could also send a fix after -rc1 (as the
breakage is not really critical).

Cheers,
Andre.