ARM: i.MX6: KSZ9031 fixup questions

Thomas.Betker at rohde-schwarz.com Thomas.Betker at rohde-schwarz.com
Mon Jun 27 04:13:36 PDT 2016

Hello Sascha:

> I wouldn't rely very much in the settings done in ksz9031rn_phy_fixup(),
> probably I was happy that time that the settings worked. Note that the
> micrel phys now take various *-skew-ps properties which should be used
> now.

Okay, thanks for the clarification. And yes, I know that the Micrel PHY
driver supports *-skew-ps DT properties for KSZ9031 since 3.16 (KSZ9021
since 3.12). Are you going to remove ksz9021rn_phy_fixup() and
ksz9031rn_phy_fixup(), and update the device trees of all the i.MX6Q
boards?

Anyway, ksz9031rn_phy_fixup() is still in 4.6, and I think it makes sense
to put in some reasonable values, even more so before they are converted
to DT properties (I have no idea how many boards are affected). Or what is
your take on this?

Best regards,
Thomas