[Patch v5 2/8] firmware: qcom: scm: Convert SCM to platform driver

Andy Gross andy.gross at linaro.org
Thu Jun 2 20:45:35 PDT 2016

On Thu, Jun 02, 2016 at 03:14:24PM -0700, Stephen Boyd wrote:
> On 05/12, Andy Gross wrote:
> > This patch converts the Qualcomm SCM firmware driver into a platform
> > driver.
>
> And introduces clk enable/disable + rate setting logic because
> the firmware uses crypto clks during some scm calls.

I'll make the commit message more descriptive of the change.

> > +
> > +static struct platform_driver qcom_scm_driver = {
> > +	.driver = {
> > +		.name	= "qcom_scm",
> > +		.of_match_table = qcom_scm_dt_match,
> > +	},
> > +	.probe = qcom_scm_probe,
> > +};
> > +
> > +static int __init qcom_scm_init(void)
> > +{
> > +	struct device_node *np, *parent;
> > +	int ret;
> > +
> > +	np = of_find_matching_node_and_match(NULL, qcom_scm_dt_match, NULL);
>
> Why can't we find a node called "firmware" in the root of the
> tree? That would be clearer what's going on here, and avoid the
> need to do the of_get_next_parent() dance, which just feels
> awkward.

Well I had reworked it previously to avoid calling of_platform_populate on
anyone with a firmware node.  I guess what I can do is find the firmware node
and then only populate if I get a match starting from the firmware node itself.
That satisfies both comments.