[GIT PULL] Renesas ARM Based SoC DT Fixes for v4.8

Arnd Bergmann arnd at arndb.de
Fri Jul 22 12:30:58 PDT 2016

On Friday, July 22, 2016 10:59:24 AM CEST Simon Horman wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 02:41:52PM +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> > On Monday, July 18, 2016 11:39:35 AM CEST Simon Horman wrote:
> > > Renesas ARM Based SoC DT Fixes for v4.8
> > >
> > > * Corrections to r8a7792
> > >

> > Merged into next/dt, thanks!
>
> Thanks!
>
> I have queued up another fix for v4.8 since sending the above to you.
> This time it is an SoC (C-code) rather than a DT fix. I am wondering
> if you could offer guidance on:
>
> * If you would prefer me to split fixes out into separate (DT, SoC, ...)
>   branches? If so is that until around rc1 when everything has been
>   merged into the forthcoming release and thereafter you would prefer
>   a single fixes branch?

I prefer a separate fixes branch. It's fine for all other branches
to be based on top of this branch so you have a working baseline
for testing.

> * What pace you would like me to send fixes. I guess it depends on
>   where we are in the cycle. Currently I put the changes in next and
>   send what I have about once a week (or not if there are none :).
>
> Typically there are very few fixes. But as I already have 3 for v4.8,
> including those in this pull request, I get the feeling a few more could
> emerge before v4.8 is released.

I'd say don't wait longer than a week before forwarding bugfixes.
If you find something urgent, just send that right away along with
whatever less urgent patches you have accumulated.

It's possible we won't merge it right away as we might all be busy
for a couple of days, but in the worst case that means you send
another fixes pull request that is a superset before we have merged
the first one.

	Arnd