[RCF 1/3] hwmon: Add ads1118 driver

Joshua Clayton stillcompiling at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 07:39:22 PDT 2016

Greetings Guenter,

Thank you for reviewing my submission.

On 07/15/2016 06:40 PM, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> On 07/15/2016 05:18 PM, Joshua Clayton wrote:
>> Add new driver for Texas Instruments ADS1118 and and ADS1018.
>> This driver works with ADS1018, because of code borrowed
>> from asd1015, which is similar, but I can only test ADS1118
>>

> Browsing through the datasheet, I think this should probably be implemented
> as iio driver (and iio already has a driver for ads1015).
>
> Jonathan, what do you think ?
>
> Thanks,
> Guenter

No response from Jonathan as yet, but I am willing to rework the driver when I
have some time. It might be weeks before I can start, though.

I am not very familiar with the iio subsystem, (actually had never heard of it before
receiving your response). Learning it might be beneficial, as it looks like a good fit
for an in house driver, which I'd like to eventually upstream.

If an hwmon driver is adequate, I have new patches that address kbuild and endianness
issues in the first version.

~Joshua Clayton