r8a7794/alt and CONFIG_PROVE_LOCKING=y

Geert Uytterhoeven geert at linux-m68k.org
Mon Jan 11 10:46:57 PST 2016

When CONFIG_PROVE_LOCKING=y, r8a7794/alt doesn't boot (no output).
Earlycon doesn't help, but DEBUG_LL=y and earlyprintk gave me:

    Error: unrecognized/unsupported machine ID (r1 = 0x18009008).

    Available machine support:

    ID (hex) NAME
    ffffffff    Generic DT based system
    ffffffff Generic R8A7794 (Flattened Device Tree)

    Please check your kernel config and/or bootloader.

I'm booting using

    tftp 41000000 alt/zImage
    tftp 40f00000 alt/r8a7794-alt.dtb
    bootz 41000000 - 40f00000

just like on r8a7791/koelsch, where CONFIG_PROVE_LOCKING does work.

If I disable CONFIG_PROVE_LOCKING (e.g. shmobile_defconfig), the same kernel
boots fine.

Anyone with a clue?

Thanks!

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,