PM regression with commit 5de85b9d57ab PM runtime re-init in v4.5-rc1

Tony Lindgren tony at atomide.com
Wed Feb 3 09:22:22 PST 2016

* Rafael J. Wysocki <rafael at kernel.org> [160203 09:19]:
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 12:46 AM, Tony Lindgren <tony at atomide.com> wrote:
> > * Alan Stern <stern at rowland.harvard.edu> [160202 13:46]:

> >> You could try changing this to pm_runtime_put_sync_suspend().  But
> >> putting pm_runtime_dont_use_autosuspend() before the put_sync seems
> >> like a perfectly reasonable thing to do, especially if you feel you
> >> should reverse all the changes you made at the start.
>
> FWIW, I'd call pm_runtime_dont_use_autosuspend() before put_sync().
>
> After all, the driver doesn't want to use autosuspend going forward,
> so stating that explicitly looks like the right thing to do.

Yeah agreed. FYI, this is what I typed up here into a commit message:

1. For sections of code that needs the device disabled, use
   pm_runtime_put_sync_suspend() if pm_runtime_set_autosuspend() has
   been set.

2. For driver exit code, use pm_runtime_dont_use_autosuspend() before
   pm_runtime_put_sync() if pm_runtime_use_autosuspend() has been
   set.

Regards,

Tony