Plain DFS (no voltage scaling)

Mason slash.tmp at free.fr
Wed Feb 3 07:35:10 PST 2016

On 03/02/2016 03:10, Viresh Kumar wrote:
> On 02-02-16, 22:11, Mason wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I plan to enable the on-demand governor on the tango platform:
>> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/arch/arm/boot/dts/tango4-smp8758.dtsi
>>
>> I found the cpufreq-dt binding doc:
>>
>> https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/cpufreq/cpufreq-dt.txt
>> https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/opp/opp.txt
>>
>> Something is not clear to me:
>>
>> If my platform cannot scale the voltage, what information
>> should I put in the voltage part of the DT?
>
> Wouldn't matter if there is no regulator. i.e. you should keep 0, but
> even if they have something non-zero, core code will ignore it. But
> yeah, it makes sense to keep it zero.

Hmmm, I am missing something obvious.

My config contains:

CONFIG_CPU_FREQ=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_COMMON=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_STAT=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_STAT_DETAILS=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_PERFORMANCE=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_PERFORMANCE=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_ONDEMAND=y
CONFIG_CPUFREQ_DT=y

Yet, neither dt_cpufreq_probe() nor cpufreq_init() are being called.

Could someone please point to my mistake?

Regards.