Older hisilicon chipsets

Marty Plummer netz.kernel at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 11:53:25 PDT 2016

On 08/27/2016 10:04 AM, Jason Cooper wrote:

> Ah, yes.  The same device we were discussing on #mvlinux?

Indeed, the very same

> Note that I have no experience with HiSilicon. :-)  However, I think
> it's correct to add it mach-hisi/.   A quick grep shows that there is
> devicetree support for hisilicon SoCs (arch/arm/boot/dts/).  So that
> means there's a *lot* less code to add under mach-hisi/.

The issue here is that mach-hisi/Kconfig and CONFIG_ARCH_HISI require
ARMv7, whereas the hi3520 has an arm1176/arm926 core, thereby being
ARMv6/v5

> Ideally, most of it will be a devicetree.  Assuming we have code for the
> SoC and associated drivers.

Yes, I've been doing some work on that already, but as I've said, unsure
where one should/would insert all these different things.

> I've added GregKH to the Cc to see if he knows of anyone currently
> working with Hisilicon.

Thanks, mayhaps someone can get even a response from Hisilicon, as I've
yet to recieve even that.